Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here Goes!

Well, I did it; I started a blog!  I've been following the blog that good friends of ours started and since I've enjoyed their updates so much, I figured I  might as well start one of my own.  I'm not sure how good I'll be about keeping it updated, but we'll give it a shot! 


As you all know, Dileep and I are expecting a baby boy in February.  It's coming up so quickly!  We're getting more and more excited with every passing day.  This weekend my parents have very graciously agreed to help Dileep pick up the crib and dresser from Babies R Us with their truck.  I can't wait to get it all set up in the baby's room.  We've been working on cleaning out our house and basement the last few weeks in preparation for the baby and all the stuff that babies come with.  After many trips to Goodwill and to the dump, we finally feel like our house is somewhat under control.  It's amazing how much "stuff" accumulates over the years.


During the cleaning and organizing I was able to make room to keep my sewing machine setup in our spare bedroom.  I'm hopeful this will encourage me to make that quilt I've been meaning to start on for a couple years now...  I have the fabric, and recently laid out the design so now I just need to cut and sew the fabric.  We'll see how that goes, but I'm optimistic that I'll at least start the blanket.  (It should be noted that I'm still working on crocheting a blanket that I started about 7 years ago.  Granted, it IS a queen size blanket, but still, I'm not knowing for finishing big projects quickly!)


Well that's it for now!  I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

1 comment: